March 22, 2013

Bloody Marys!

Homemade Bloody Mary Mix


I don't think I learned the art of the weekend until I discovered Bloody Marys. My distaste for them used to be strong, I think in part driven by make-them-yourself-bars. I used to always fell prey to the array of options, resulting in overly complicated drinks that were less than enjoyable. That is, until I discovered a rock star Bloody Mary ingredient -- clam juice. We drank this straight up virgin style with pickled green beans to garnish. But of course, a shot of vodka or two would be a welcome addition.


ingredients:
1 liter 100% tomato juice
3 tbsp clam juice
7 dashes Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce (feel free to use reduced sodium)
1/4 tsp sriracha
pinch red pepper flakes
few grinds of peppercorns
yield: 3 servings (this is easily double or tripled)

1. mix together ingredients. taste & adjust to desired heat level, adding more sriracha & red pepper flakes in small amounts. 

2. pour over 2 oz of vodka & ice or drink virgin.

3. serve with a spicy pickled green bean & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment